Loss of License Insurance

LOLI coverage is available to Commercial Mariners, Charter Skippers, Professional crew, Delivery Skippers, Marine Mechanic & Repairmen, Marine Engineers, and most other Marine professionals.

Licenced Marine Professionals may depend completely on continued good health and their ability to pass Medical Examinations.
A failed Medical, an injury or deteriorating health could result in a suspension or cancellation of your licence.
No licence=No income.

LOLI coverage will provide benefits for Temporary or Permanent Loss of Licence and financial stability and peace of mind that comes from owning Loss of Licence Insurance.

If you are an Licenced Marine professional and earn money from marine-related activities you are eligible for LOLI*
If you are an Marine Professional but do not require a license to earn money from marine-related activities you are eligible for PAI*
*certain restrictions apply

What is loss of Licence Insurance (LOLI)?
LOLI is an insurance product designed to pay benefits to an Insured person if that Insured person has lost their Licence due to Medical issues or Accident or Disability.

Who is eligible to apply for LOLI?
Any person engaged in the Marine Trades who is currently licenced by a Government Authority and holds a valid Medical Certificate or equivalent.

How do I apply for LOLI?

Is Personal Accident Insurance coverage included in LOLI?
Yes. There is no extra charge for PAI and LOLI covers accidents.

Does LOLI cover death from Natural Causes?
No. Only death from Accidental Causes.

How do I make a Claim?
Contact our Claims Department claims@offshorerisk.com

Get a Quote