Charter and Delivery Captain & Crew Liability Insurance
Often a Skipper will have an opportunity to work a passage or relieve a buddy for a charter and needs insurance coverage before assuming command or taking the helm.
Skippers Choice® Marine Liability can be customized to cover Your Third- Party Liability…
- as a delivery skipper or crew, or a captain who drives more than one vessel
- when the owner requires you to have insurance for a passage, a delivery or charter use
- when you act as a captain for clients who bareboat charter but want a captain to operate the boat while they enjoy themselves
- if the owner’s insurance does not cover you when are the operator or in command.
- if the boat has low limits of liability insurance coverage or a judgement against you exceeds the owner’s coverage (if any)
- Legal fees related to a covered Liability claim against you
Some scenarios where Skippers Choice could protect you 24/7*.
- You deliver boats for one or more boatbuilder, boat broker or repairer.
- You are a boat broker and operate boats for Buyers or Sellers or Dealers.
- A bareboat company needs a captain to drive a rental boat.
- You are a captain for a ferryboat or water taxi.
- You do not have the money to pay for a lawyer if you are sued.
- You need coverage for trips outside of the USA.
- You operate a Commercial Passenger boat or a Tourist Submarine. Skippers Choice is designed to cover you if there is an accident or you are dragged into a lawsuit.
- You are retired and want to make some money part-time doing charters or deliveries
The list is endless and the examples above are just a few or the operations we insure.
Get a QuoteFrequently Asked Questions
*DISCLOSURE: The information above is for illustrative purposes only and does not replace any terms, conditions, limitation or restrictions of any insurance policy. READ YOUR POLICY.